Okta, the clever software for identity and access management
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity management. Okta offers an Identity Cloud that creates a secure connection between people and technology. The system is supported by the Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari and Chrome web browsers. Okta offers a variety of products, here are only the most important ones in our eyes.
Singe Sign-On (SSO) translates as single sign-on and means the authentication method by which the user logs in once and thus gains access to multiple services and resources. This eliminates the hassle of logging on for different applications.
The advantages of Single Sign-On:
- 50 percent fewer help desk calls due to sign-in issues.
- 50 percent faster user sign-in.
- Up to five times faster integration of the COMPANIES taken over by IT.
- SSO can be reliably integrated into all web and mobile applications.
- The central access can be tailored to each device and fully adapted.
- Secure storage of users and passwords.
- Connection to AD/LDAP across multiple domains and self-service function to reset the AD/LDAP password.
- Security reports are delivered in real time.
- Secure access for all users with two-factor authentication via Okta Verify OTP, including all SSO customers.
Storing an unlimited number of users and attributes from applications and sources such as AD or HR systems is no problem with Okta Universal Directory.
The advantages of Universal Directory:
- Users and passwords are stored securely.
- (Group-based) Password policy with complexity options.
- Storage and transformation with advanced attributes to support rich SAML and authorization scenarios based on attributes.
- Integration with internal systems to retrieve dynamic data or additional permissions for downstream applications.
This refers to automated access throughout the entire user lifecycle for internal and external users,i.e. for all employees, partners and customers.
The benefits of lifecycle management:
- You save 30 minutes on every application deployment request.
- You’ll also save an additional 30 minutes to determine and configure groups and permissions.
- You save costs per user per year when preparing for audits.
Adaptive multi-factor authentication
Improve security for your application with contextual step-up authentication with an additional layer of security for systems, applications, RADIUS, and VPN devices.
The benefits of adaptive multi-factor authentication:
- Increased security – 81 percent of hacker attacks are due to stolen or weak passwords.
- Multi-factor authentication adds a second level of security to your application.
- You get reliable reporting through the user’s AMFA history.