Okta, the smart identity and access management software
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity management solutions. Okta offers an Identity Cloud that creates secure connections between humans and technology. Web browsers Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome support the solution. Okta offers a variety of products. Below, we are listing just those that are the most relevant in our opinion.
Single Sign-On (SSO) refers to an authentication process during which the user signs on once and receives access to multiple services and resources. The annoying registration for different applications is thus redundant.
The benefits of Single Sign-On:
- 50 % fewer helpdesk calls due to registration issues.
- 50 % faster user registration.
- Up to 5 x faster integration of the IT of acquired enterprises.
- SSO can be reliably integrated into all web and mobile applications.
- Central access is tailored to every device and can be aligned completely.
- Secure archiving of users and passwords.
- Connection to AD/LDAP possible across multiple domains and a self-service function for the revision of the AD/LDAP password.
- Security reports are delivered in real time.
- Secure access for all users thanks to two-factor authentication using Okta Verify OTP, including all SSO clients.
The archiving of an unlimited number of users and attributes from application and sources such as field sales/service or HR systems is easy with the Okta Universal Directory.
Universal Directory benefits:
- Usernames and passwords are stored securely.
- (Group-based) password requirements with complexity options.
- Storing and transformation with extended attributes to support Rich-SAML and authorization scenarios based on attributes
- Integration into internal systems for access to dynamic data or additional privileges for downstream applications.
This term refers to the automated access across the entire user lifecycle for internal and external users, i.e. for all employees, partners and customers.
Lifecycle Management benefits:
- You will save 30 minutes on each request for the provision of applications.
- In addition, you will save 30 minutes for the configuration of groups and privileges.
- You will cut costs per annum when preparing for audits.
Adaptive multi-factor authentication
Improve your application’s security by implementing context-based step-up-authentications with an added security level for systems, applications, RADIUS and VPN devices.
Adaptive multi-factor authentication benefits:
- Improved security – 81 % of hacker attacks are based on stolen or weak passwords.
- Thanks to the multi-factor authentication you will add a second layer of security to your application.
- The AMFA progression of the user will provide you with reliable reports.