23. October 2020
MobileIron has changed its licensing model
The BPV Group has been working very successfully with MobileIron for a long time. MobileIron is a leading provider of Unified Endpoint Management (UEM). UEM stands for centralized management of all mobile devices in your organization. As of July 1, 2020, MobileIron launched a new licensing model. You can find out what this means for you in our article.
What is important for you after the changeover
To get you the right and customized strategy for your Unified Endpoint management, MobileIron has improved its license bundles and switched to the widely used Software as a Service software license model ( SaaS for short) from July 2020.
To better understand the changes, we’ll first list the MobileIron products before the changeover, and then the products that have been available since July 1, 2020. We will then give you a recommendation as to which variant is the right option for your company.
MobileIron products that existed before the changeover:
- UEM Silver = Minimum mobile management requirements.
- UEM Gold = Safe workplace with modernization of desktop management.
- UEM Platinum = Transforming business operations with mobile technologies and apps.
- MobileIron Access = Adaptive access control for cloud services and your own apps.
- MobileIron Threat Defense (MTD) = Protection against known and unknown mobile threats.
To make it easier and clearer for you, there are now only two bundles to choose from:
- Secure UEM = This applies to endpoint management with iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows devices, including Apps@Work, Help@Work, and Sentry.
- Secure UEM Premium = Additionally: enterprise-level security features including tunnels, access control for managed and unmanaged devices, and support for passwordless multi-factor authentication (MFA). Additional products included: Email+, Docs@Work, Web@Work, and ZSO One for an application.
If you were a UEM Silver customer with us before the changeover, we recommend the Secure UEM variant. We recommend the premium version to all other customers. Our MobileIron Threat Defense customers don’t have to switch because this area still exists.
If you have chosen a bundle – the Secure UEM variant or the Secure UEM Premium variant, you can add the following add-ons:
- Mobile Threat Defense (MTD)
- MTD Plus = In addition: regular reports and advanced analyses
- ZSO = Zero-Sign-On: fast and secure login on your devices.
On our graphic below you can see exactly which variant is right for your individual needs. If you want to protect yourself and your business against external attacks on your data and devices, select the MTD add-on in addition to your bundle. If you also want regular reports and advanced analysis, select the MTD Plus add-on. Do you want your devices to log in easily and securelyfor themselves and your employees without constantly entering passwords? With Zero-Sign-On this is possible. Add the add-on to your bundle, and you won’t want to miss this relief when you work.
In a third step, you can book the MobileIron Professional service for the individual variants. We are happy to clarify in a personal conversation what this means and which variant is best for your company. Let us adviseyou .